- Race hosted by the Conway Running Club.
- $100 prize to male or female breaking the overall course record
- 2 mile race is followed by a 1 mile leashed dog race
- 2 Miler is a State Championship event
- USATF Course Certification #:AR13001DLP
Directions to the Starting Line
To get there, you take the same exit off of I-40 that you always have (Exit 127), but instead of going east away from town, you will turn west towards downtown. This is Oak Street. Front Street is the last street before the railroad tracks. As soon as you pass Walgreens, start looking for a parking place. You can either park on the street or in some of the empty parking lots around downtown. Make your way to Front Street and you canít miss Simon Park.
2006 was the inaugural running of the Chase
Race 2 Mile Race & Paws 1 Mile Run. 2007 was the first year for the Chase Race to be part of the Arkansas
Grand Prix Series. In 2013, the race moves to downtown Conway.
- Male Overall: Maxwell Sawyer - 9:59 (2012)
- Female Overall: Leah Thorvilson - 10:42 (2012)
- Male Masters: John Pankey - 10:09 (2007)
- Female Masters: Kathy Boone - 13:19 (2009)
- Male Grand Masters: James Bresette - 10:55 (2012)
- Female Grand Masters: Kathy Boone - 13:19 (2009)
- Male Seniors: Ron Webb - 12:16 (2009)
- Female Seniors: Josephine Ruhsam - 15:05 (2012)
Course since 2016. The Chase Race has moved to downtown Conway. Starting in Simon Park, the Chase Race route is a two mile out and back course through Conway's downtown area. The race remains very flat with only 5 meters separating the high and low points. See course map link at top of page.
For further information, contact:
Don Potter, Race Director