- Race hosted by the Western Arkansas Runners
- USATF Course Certification #: AR13026DLP
- Race hosted by Abilities Unlimited (A United Way Community Partner).
- Proceeds benefit Susan G. Komen - Ozark, Special Olympics Arkansas Area 4, and Special Olympics Athletes of Abilities Unlimited Van Buren.
- Only 2017 Grand Prix race in Western Arkansas.
- Mostly flat course through Fort Smith's Belle Grove District (listed on the National Register of Historic Places).
- Early packet pickup inside Riverfront Pavilion, Friday evening, September 29, 5pm-7pm (http://fortsmithparks.com/facilities/community-centers/riverfront-pavilion/).
- Race Day Registration and Packet Pickup: 7am-8am.
Directions to the Starting Line
Take I-40E, US-71 South and I-540 to Grand Avenue in Fort Smith. Take Exit 6 from I-540/US-71S. Continue west on Grand Avenue. Merge onto North B St.
Address: 100 North B St., Fort Smith, AR 72901
Paint Downtown Pink 5K began in 2012. Participation has grown each year, reaching nearly 300 race day participants in 2016. 2017 is the race's first year in the Arkansas RRCA Grand Prix series.
- Male Runner: Mason Hays - 18:20.7 (2016)
- Female Runner: Jamie Rogers - 20:26.6 (2014)
- Male Walker: Kelby Pool - 34.21.5 (2013)
- Female Walker: Christina Morris - 37:24.4 (2013)
The course begins near the Riverfront Pavilion. Runners will pass the Park at West End -- which features a Ferris Wheel from the 1935 World's Fair -- and proceed past the Fort Smith Farmer's Market. The course continues down North A Street and turns north for a block at 17th Street before turning back west with a side loop through historic Belle Grove District.
For further information, contact:
Lorna Armstrong, Race Director